Per tutti colora che hanno LW[8]pre-order...
c'è un Thread sul Forum della NT nel quale è stato chiesto in cosa differisce LW[8]pre-order da LW[8]Final, se è vero che il renderer non è ancora ottimizzato e se sarà disponibile un patch...
io ho già risposto: partecipate anche voi!

Ecco la mia risposta:

"It's true!

LW[8] Final was released in June 30th.

LW[8] pre-order version is missing Renderer optimization, plus some corrections to Caustics (now slower but more precise/predictable... as far as I know).

Chuck confirmed this two things long times ago... take a look here:
LW [8] Slower than 7.5c
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthre...r&pagenumber=2

"Development has confirmed that they have identified the issue in the version released for pre-upgrades, and expect to correct the issue prior to the official release of LightWave [8].

Any rendering using raytracing options should be faster in [8] than in [7.5c]. P4 systems should render about 5% percent faster, with P3 and Athlon systems seeing even larger gains, up to about 20% for Athlon in some situations. Speed gains will vary depending on a number of factors, however, so please bear in mind that YMMV.

A caveat is that errors in the Caustics and some other routines were fixed, with the result that while caustics and some other elements now render without the problems the errors were causing, they also render slower. The team felt that "slower and as intended" was the better option as opposed to "faster and not exactly what we're trying for.
"

I think there's a little more... some bug corrections (I presume)...
the pre-order build is dated 30-Mar-2004 (3 months before the Final one).

No news about a patch or an update at now! "