//
Poetry in Motion: PiM - LightWave previewer - Pagina 4
Pagina 4 di 4 PrimaPrima ... 234
Risultati da 31 a 35 di 35

Discussione: Poetry in Motion: PiM - LightWave previewer

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da mikadit
    Bè, grazie della segnalazione, però è lo stesso filmato che c'era su CGTalk, come al post 14 di questo thread, solo che quello di proton ha una compressione minore e si vede un po' meglio. Pensavo fosse un'altra demo diversa.
    Se lo sapevo non lo scaricavo... sai, 30MB sulla mia connessione UMTS.....

pimTools
    Importante news su PIM!
    Ormai il sito ufficiale è stato aperto:
    http://pimtools.be/
    I tempi per la prima release si stanno accorciando.

Attenzione è necessari iExplorer per la visualizzazione delle demo nel browser! Qualche antyvirus potrebbe non permettere l'esecuzione.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost...&postcount=271
    Without handing out any confidential information I can say that having tested PIM over the course of a few months now, it is shaping up nicely and anyone using it will have immense realtime 3d power in their hands. If you go to http://pimtools.be you can see some of the new samples (requires Internet Explorer).

I have been using Macromedia Director and the ShockWave3D format for about 4-5 years now, as well as contributed in projects involving game/realtime 3D engines such as Torque, and compared to any of those PIM is lightyears ahead in terms of production speed. There is absolutely no exporting involved, as you do all the interactivity inside of LW and any given text editor. You also have the benefit of using totally standard JavaScripting instead of a proprietary language that many of the 3d engines are using.

There are ofcourse some issues you have to think of when using PIM too, such as bone animated models have to use weightmaps, and materials has to be set up with realtime in mind. That said, alot of the time PIM plays back the models and materials as when hitting F9 or pressing the play button for the timeline.

PIM introduces something that LW itself would benefit from having, SubScenes: multiple timelines in one scene, spanning any count of items, all controllable by a few lines of code. This basically means you can "press play" for seperate models, even though they are all animated in the same timespan inside LW's own timeline. For those familiar with Flash, its similar to movieclips having their own internal timelines. You can assign models, lights, cameras, surfaces and their envelopes to such a SubScene, and then you can tell PIM to playback the various SubScenes.

Regarding when the release is and undisclosed cool features (there are many yet to be spoken of), thats up to Enki and his team to reveal, but the engine is there, fully working, and I think it is incredible that such a small team can have come up with something this good. "Bigger" (as in large development teams) 3D engines such as ShockWave3D, Torque, and even AAA games engines doesnt have this level of integration with any 3D application. I just hope i dont get un-employed when it is released... realtime 3d to the masses

Right now its a matter of getting every aspect of it release ready, which we all will benefit from, regardless of the time it will take.
    Luci e onde del belpaese - LWITA.com
    CALCOLATORE STILL by htsoft - FEEDBACK Calcolatore still

Licantropo L'avatar di LAV
    La Spezia - In quel paese dalla curiosa forma a stivaletto.
    altro che 'poetry in motion'. E' un poema!
    Secondo voi dovrò impegnarmi lo stipendio per i prossimi 5 anni per averlo?
    Gianandrea aka LAV aka Gigionaz'
    homepage
    e anche un blog: http://gigionazpol.blogspot.com/

Da quello che ho letto su cgtalk dovrebbe essere possibile aquistarlo senza dover fare un mutuo.Cmq qualunque sia il prezzo con tutte le funzionalità che offre credo sia giustificato.

Dalle ultime news, lo sviluppo di PIM continua, l'engine in realtime si combina anche in Loco - Mocap ... e questo la dice lunga:
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da postato da oliverhotz su CG Talk

Loco ... redefining methodologies.
    Hey Guys...

To end some speculation about Pim, and especially the more recent posts about Mocap, it is indeed true, that we have taken Pim to a level that people, weather they have been part of the beta or not, could not have foreseen it go, and there is lots more to come in the future.

Most people that have heard about Pim, see it as some sort of lightwave previewer, which really is just a fortunate by-product of what Pim really is.

We have created a new workflow in our company and feel that pim enables us and our customers to take our creativity further than ever before. To some of you, statements like this will sound like a lot of "Vapour", and if you are one of those people, I can't blame you really, I guess its just another way of looking at it. There is always people that work to define and redefine workflows and the applications involved in it.

I know that Enki never imagined the buzz that was created after posting his first video a long time ago, but I can assure you that what is to come in the future, will create even more.

For people that are really interested, jump over to our WWW page, there's some samples of what we are doing with regards to Mocap and what we call "Loco". Loco is suite of tools based on Pim, that not only combine existing technologies like motion capture, animation and live action cameras, but actually define an entirely new workflow to streamline productions and enable people to do these productions that would have never been able to do it before.

Thats all the information I want to make public at this point in time though, more will come when we deem it appropriate.

I hope this offers some information that people have been looking for in regards to what is going on. I can assure you that Pim is alive and kicking very well.

Best Regards,

Oliver Hotz
    Origami Digital, LLC
    www.origamidigital.com
    Luci e onde del belpaese - LWITA.com
    CALCOLATORE STILL by htsoft - FEEDBACK Calcolatore still